Consuming CBD is more than a celebrity trend and is now a go-to for wellness and therapeutic purposes. CBD can decrease inflammation, anxiety, nausea, and more. What may have seemed like a nice thing to do to have some fun has helped hundreds, if not thousands, of people (including pets) with many ailments!
And there's much more: CBD also does wonders for sex and pleasure. But don't take our word for it! We recommend you check out the Fusion CBD - CBD For Intimacy.
While we have grown accustomed to hearing that it can have many therapeutic benefits, there's much to explore regarding how you can use CBD for pleasure. According to studies, these benefits have increased pleasurable experiences in the bedroom. Still not sure how? Get comfortable and read on!
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a cannabis compound (cannabinoid) that occurs naturally in the cannabis plant. CBD is not intoxicating and does not induce the "high feeling" associated with marijuana.
THC, or delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, is a cannabis compound that causes that famous "high" feeling. But CBD may have other benefits for the body.
Therefore, manufacturers have been trying to isolate CBD as much as possible, particularly in CBD oils. Then, they add CBD-rich oil to various products, including cartridges, pills, and those that enhance bedroom romance.
For example, there is purported evidence that CBD can boost libido and increase lubrication efficiency.
How Does CBD Oil Promote Sexual Health?
Let us understand how CBD works in the human body to comprehend how CBD oil can help with sex life.
There are tiny receptors inside the body called cannabinoid receptors that form part of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). These receptors act as locks that CBD can activate.
Although CBD cannot "unlock" these cannabinoid receptors directly, it helps set a series of bodily reactions that stimulate the ECS. The body responds in various ways through CBD's indirect activation, including as an anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory.
Let's have a look at what CBD research has shown so far.
CBD and Sex; What We Know From Research
In 2009, researchers found endocannabinoid receptors in the body's sexual reproductive organs, including the testicles. The study also showed that the brain also contains these receptors.
Some studies suggest CBD products may enhance libido by lowering anxiety levels. Some people experience anxiety during sexual intercourse, which reduces their libido. When CBD relieves stress, it also increases sexual desire.
A current review of CBD and anxiety research discovered that CBD might reduce stress and social anxiety disorder. But there aren't enough human trials to produce a conclusive statement on the matter, so it's difficult to recommend a proper dosage or say that CBD definitely works.
Therefore, many reports regarding CBD for increasing sex drive are anecdotal. Since there is insufficient evidence on CBD and libido, it's challenging to say precisely how it helps. There aren't a lot of studies about cannabis compounds, especially concerning the effects of CBD on sexual desire.
Still, a growing number of products today are made specifically to aid with sexual issues. In general, CBD is suggested to provide the following benefits.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Ayurveda practice has been utilizing Cannabis sativa-- the source of CBD and other significant cannabinoids-- for many years to enhance sexual performance and ejaculatory function.
Due to a lack of research, we still don't fully understand how CBD may help with erectile dysfunction. But one theory suggests that the cannabinoid could help promote blood flow and relax the blood vessels. Improved blood flow to the male reproductive system (penis in particular) can alleviate ED and boost longer-lasting sexual performance.
The issue here is that scientists haven't particularly tested the effects of CBD on male genitalia. Another study found that one dose of CBD helped lower blood pressure. However, this study did not focus on the arteries that led to the groin but on arteries directed to the heart.
For people who experience painful sex caused by dryness, using a lubricant can considerably alleviate pain and enhance sexual performance. Many CBD producers are manufacturing lubricants that use CBD to intensify sexual pleasure.
Scientists have investigated the use of topical CBD for dermatology. According to a 2010 study, topical CBD produces an anti-inflammatory effect that could make the act of sex a lot more comfortable. Nevertheless, there are no specific studies on CBD and lubrication.
Low Sex Drive
Another speculation is that cannabis may affect sexual desire directly in some brain regions. A 2017 study found that cannabis helped activate the part of the brain that controls sexual arousal. This study deduced that cannabis use might help enhance sex drive in people with low libido.
The Drawbacks of Using CBD for Sex
When it comes to sex, CBD may have some benefits. Nevertheless, it may have negative aspects, just like any other substance.
CBD's potential and slight side effects depend on consumption. Some may be allergic to CBD or the ingredients used to administer the cannabinoid-- e.g., oils or aromatic compounds. Others have reported experiencing loss of appetite, fatigue, and stomach upset after CBD use, but the symptoms are generally mild.
It is critical to consider that the adverse effects are often caused by products that contain THC, the compound that induces the high. Scientists haven't explained the fertility effects of cannabinoids, so it's hard to tell if THC, CBD, or other cannabis compounds are the issue.
You can stick to hemp-derived CBD if you don't like to use THC for its intoxicating effects (the high) or can't access THC products legally. Hemp is legal and refers to a cannabis plant or product containing only minimal concentrations of THC (insufficient to deliver a high).
If you plan to have a baby soon, consult your doctor about using CBD products.
What Are The Best CBD Products for Sex?
New CBD products are entering the cannabis market every day. However, product availability varies depending on your local and state laws. Here are four examples of popular CBD products for the bedroom.
- Fusion CBD- His & Her CBD Massage Oil: This CBD intimacy sex oil for couples gives just the right edge to your time together. This CBD massage oil is one of the most popular products widely used to enhance the quality of sex. But this product isn't just an enhancement; it's an experience. If you're preparing for a special evening with your special one or like to help each other relax regularly, why not try it?
- Fusion CBD- His & Her CBD Pleasure: This is our special offer for those who want to spice things up or enhance their sensations in the bedroom. This water-based CBD lubricant (famous for being a sex oil with CBD) can enhance the sexual experience for both partners. Promote relaxation and ramp up the pleasure with this libido-enhancing CBD lube.
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil (1000 mg): These Full Spectrum CBD oil drops are made through proprietary processes and nanotechnology. The water-soluble composition quickly dissolves in coffee, tea, smoothies, and other beverages, making for effective CBD-infused drinks that you can have before going to bed.
- Vegan Full Spectrum CBD Gummies: Our vegan full-spectrum CBD gummies, enhanced with nanotechnology, provide the most efficient way to get your routine dose of CBD. These are nanotechnologically tested edibles made up of tiny particles that allow cannabis compounds to enter your bloodstream more efficiently and become fully absorbed by your system.
- Delta-8 THC Vegan Gummies: Fusion's vegan Delta-8 THC gummies are thoroughly tested by third-party labs. They are great options for sex because they're potent relaxant products that can relieve stress and improve your focus and sleep patterns.
How to Use CBD Products in Your Sex Life
You can include cannabidiol into your sex life in various ways. These include:
- Consuming CBD edibles before intercourse to stimulate sexual arousal (Delta 8 and Full Spectrum Gummies)
- Using CBD lubricants to alleviate dryness and improve pleasure (HIS & HER Pleasure Intimacy Oil)
- Utilizing CBD massage oil for foreplay (HIS & HER Massage Oil)
- Sublingually consuming CBD oil before lovemaking to boost sensation and reduce anxiety. (Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tinctures)
The list will likely grow as researchers continue to examine CBD's sexual effects.
About CBD Legality
Despite recent revisions to hemp- and marijuana-related legislation in America, CBD remains a legal gray area. The FDA monitors CBD and its effects on the human body. Currently, FDA specialists are collecting data to discover more about cannabinoids and their side effects.
So, ensure you are familiar with your state and local laws before purchasing and using CBD. In the subsequent years, the FDA will likely enact more effective regulations on the cannabis market, including information on drug interactions, safe dosages, and risks of long-term exposure.
Using CBD in the Bedroom– What You Should Know
If you wish to experiment with CBD in your sex life, there are a few things to remember. Here are essential CBD pointers that you should remember.
Buy A Quality Product
Don't just reach for any CBD product. Read reviews and check that an independent lab has verified a product before buying it.
Please also note that manufacturers can obtain CBD from hemp or marijuana plants, and the latter CBD products contain higher levels of THC. The two cannabinoids may work together, producing what experts call an "entourage effect."
Moreover, you should be aware that while hemp and marijuana are cannabis plants, they differ in their THC content. Hemp-derived products contain less than 0.3% to be legal at the federal level. And marijuana-derived products may have a higher concentration of THC.
Find Your Ideal Dose
When it comes to CBD dosage, everyone's different, and there's no conclusive evidence on exactly how much CBD someone should be taking for specific effects.
Start low and go slow. Titrate slowly every couple of days, and if you keep getting increased benefits, keep going. If you add more, don't feel better, or start to feel worse, go back to the previous dose.
Use CBD Before Going into the Bedroom
CBD doesn't necessarily work when you decide to use it, whether you apply it as a lubricant or take it orally. Plan and start taking it (or applying it) 30-60 min before you go to your bedroom to let it kick in.
Join Fusion CBD Wholesale Club
Our CBD products include terpene-rich and high-quality hemp oil for sex! Some more popular options include herbal tinctures, water-soluble items, and gummies.
To ensure the quality and potency of our CBD products, we source hemp that is not genetically modified. Be a Fusion CBD Wholesale Club member and take advantage of our benefits.
As a company, CBD Fusion refuses to settle for mediocrity or take shortcuts regarding oil production quality. We have carefully tested our CBD intimacy oil and incorporated them into gluten-free and vegan-friendly products.
This industry has taken off, and we're looking for retailers who want to be part of a long-term wholesale partnership and help us spread the word about premium-made CBD products. We'll love to have you if you are interested in joining the Fusion CBD wholesale club for business or personal reasons.
The Bottom Line
CBD products manufactured to enhance sex are becoming increasingly popular. Some examples include CBD intimacy oil and latex condoms infused with CBD essential oil. But if you're considering having a baby with your partner, talk with your doctor about the risks of using CBD products for sex.
If you need further information about CBD or other cannabis compounds, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
FAQs About CBD for Pleasure
Below are a few FAQs about the use of CBD for sexual purposes.
Does CBD Cure Erectile Dysfunction?
Consuming CBD provides plenty of sexual benefits. The most prominent one is perhaps its ability to reverse erectile dysfunction. ED occurs primarily because of poor blood flow or tissue damage to your genitals. Besides, CBD can stimulate your sexual vigor naturally.
Recent research shows that erectile dysfunction is more prevalent in older men. Aging produces dioxin, i.e., a toxin that induces erectile dysfunction. But you can reverse ED by using CBD to flush dioxin out of your system.
Using cannabis provides you with a more pleasing sensation during intercourse. Your body must function properly to experience sexual urges. Psychological and lifestyle factors can negatively affect your sexual energy and stamina.
Can CBD Increase My Sex Drive? How Does It Help With Hormonal Imbalances?
CBD lowers the stress hormone cortisol in the body naturally. It also regulates menstrual pain, cramps, bloating, and mood swings. Since CBD regulates the ECS, it can help manage progesterone and estrogen levels during PMS, menopause, and perimenopause.
CBD also raises anandamide levels, a neurotransmitter related to the cuddle hormone, oxytocin. Anandamide can help boost feelings of intimacy and emotional connection with your partner after flirting, kissing, hugging, or having intercourse.
Does CBD Make You Last Longer?
Yes. CBD may cause you to last longer in bed. However, you should focus on the word "may." Remember that no concrete proof establishes the potency of CBD in inducing sexual libido and stamina. Nevertheless, the anti-anxiety effects of CBD may help relax the blood vessels in the body and improve blood flow to the different body parts, including the genitals.
Why Is CBD Good for Sex?
Yes, CBD oil benefits sexually, and here's why:
- Helping women with pain during sex. CBD helps women who suffer from "dyspareunia" during sex. This condition results in genital pains before, during, or after sexual intercourse. Symptoms include a burning or aching pain during thrusting and throbbing pain that lasts even after intercourse.
- Relieving anxiety. Sex is a combination of mental and emotional activity that needs a relaxed mind to be enjoyable. CBD may increase the brain's sensitivity to serotonin and lower cortisol, reducing anxiety and heightened sexual performance.
- Intensification of Orgasms. A study published in 2019 found that cannabis extracts effectively increased longer and more intense orgasms. This is probably related to CBD being a major vasodilator that relaxes blood vessel muscles, allowing blood to flow to the sexual organs and stimulating nerve activity.
- Increasing Your Libido. CBD reduces cortisol by triggering the serotonin receptors in women. The cannabinoid also activates their parasympathetic nervous system (PNS), which makes them calm and more sensually receptive, thus increasing their sexual arousal.